It's a birthday in sunny Orange County!
Yes, yes, you're not imagining things. Orange County, a paradise for living, traveling and vacationing, is celebrating its 134th anniversary. It's not much, but there's so much more to come!
This is the official anniversary, however. On August 1, 1889, Orange County was officially incorporated as a part of the territory. But we know it goes back much further than that. According to archaeological evidence, this land was inhabited as far back as 9,500 years ago.
But where did the name come from? Because at that time there was not a single orange grove in what is now Orange County. Just a few scattered trees. Let's let the secret out - it just sounded good. Southern California in those days was advertised as a semi-tropical paradise, an American Italy, its own Mediterranean coastline. And oranges fit that image. It wasn't until after 1900 that citrus became the dominant crop in the area.
Today, Orange County is about unforgettable experiences, great opportunities, colorful sunrises and sunsets, amazing encounters and stunning scenery.
- It's the place where big multinational companies have their offices. Such as Mazda, Toshiba, Toyota, Samsung, Kia, Mitsubishi and Hyundai.
- A place where interesting TV projects and shows are filmed. Remember The O.C., Gilligan's Island, American Horror Story, Arrested Development, The Sopranos, the movies That Thing You Do, Beaches?
- A place where you can see celebrities on the streets. At one time Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lindsay Lohan, Richard Dreyfuss, Kate Hudson, Justin Bieber, Gwen Stefani, Steven Spielberg, John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jennifer Lawrence and others have lived here.
- The best surfing spot with steep waves and picturesque beaches with 40 miles of coastline.
- The place where pirates lived in the 19th century, where Disneyland has its own Disneyland, where the Fender guitar was created and much more.
Socium.Network team congratulates all residents of sunny Orange County, even if it's such an official, but still a good day - a birthday. We all together write the history of this county. And let it be beautiful!
Thank you for reading us!